Sunday, July 20, 2014

My weekend project...

We ordered some doors from Home Depot for our bathroom remodel.  Two of the doors are for the closet entry and one is the bathroom entry.  We were going to get antique doors but couldn't find any that matched and were affordable.  Anyway we were going to have someone stress paint the doors for us but that didn't work out so I decided to take on this project myself.  I have never stress painted (using chalk paint) before but typical for me I take on a huge project.  3 doors both sides is a lot!  Here are some pictures.  I still have wax to apply to the back sides of two doors and an entire door but my arms are beat!
Doors 'Before' Knotty Pine doors from Home Depot

Spray Shellac on the doors since they are pine to seal them.

Chalk painted white base coat and then old white final coat 



Painting the Old White coat

Stressed (with sand paper)


One door waxed on one side

One of the closet doors stressed






No comments:

Post a Comment