Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Farmers Market was Open

I have been really yearning for some honest to goodness fresh vegetables for a while now.  The stores have been understandably sorely lacking in that department and I found out that our local farmers market was still taking place in a shopping center parking lot in town.

I donned a pair of thin gloves for protection and went on Saturday when it opened in the morning.  Although I could not find any eggs that hubby wanted me to get, I was able to get loads of vegetables to satisfy my fresh veggie withdrawal.

I picked up beets, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, carrots, scallions and also got some local honey and fresh strawberries. Although one of the fingers of one glove got a hole in it, I was still very pleased with my purchases and there weren't a lot of people there at the time I went.  

A spinach salad with carrots, scallions and califlouwer was in order for lunch! :)

Then I blanched and froze most of the vegetables to have as sides with dinner for the next few weeks. I did the carrots this evening after work.  I feel much better about the vegetable situation now!

Fresh Spinach Salad 

Blanching broccoli and cauliflower

Beets cooling after blanching

Chopped carrots, ready for draining and freezing

No comments:

Post a Comment