Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

 Hi~!   Remember me? Sure you do!!

It has been oh 4 months since I blogged.  I have today and tomorrow off work so I thought about wishing everyone who celebrates a Happy Thanksgiving!

I sure would have loved to post today about COVID 19 being in the past, but alas it is still spreading rampant here in the U.S.  A vaccine is in the works, though I won't be running to be first in line.  It worries me that they streamlined this on a fast tract....(to who knows what for those who get the first shots). Anyway didn't want to make this a doom and gloom blog, so enough about that.

Despite COVID, life goes on...my granddaughter is days away from being 10 months old.  My other daughter had her baby boy October 1st.  Here is a picture taken just a few days ago as the youngest is out visiting her sister (and others) for Thanksgiving.  My little extended family is growing. :)  So I can say I am a proud grandmother or Grams as I like to go by....to a granddaughter and a grandson.  I haven't seen Asher in person yet. I'm sure I will some day.  I have to just be cautious with this ongoing pandemic.


After years of working for the same employer, I decided to make a move to a smaller company that had better pay, and better opportunities.  I did this in September and am very happy with my new employment, although it is still very busy and I often work seven days a week.  (The reason I haven't been blogging this year much.)

I am still having fun singing on the online karaoke when I can.  I make sure I am still exercising 6 days a week and eating healthy.  It is the same old routine but I like it.  I feel grounded and content.  I am not one of those people who has to go out and do things, all the time (or even sometimes).  So luckily I do not have any issues with isolation or depression that others during this pandemic are experiencing. For that I am grateful.   Hubby feels the same way I do, so we are on the same page about our lives right now.  He supports me for working so many hours as he knows I love what I do, and it helps to save more toward retirement.  I'm hoping to retire in about 4 years.  We'll see.  I may always still work part-time somewhere after being retired a bit.  I don't know.  I've got plenty of time to think about it.  Hubby and I do want to take some road trips on Route 66 when I retire which I'm looking forward to.  

Well I hope everyone is staying safe, and happy!!  Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment