Saturday, August 11, 2012

Another surprise!

 The other day I was looking out the window in the living room, I don't recall why but I saw that my canteloupe plant had worked its way not only over the balcony railing but down the side toward the front porch well actually toward the ground.

I went right to the inside of the window to get a closer look and wow, there is a canteloupe growing!

The first picture shows one of the support beams that is underneath the balcony so you can see where it is coming from, and the second picture is a close up of my new canteloupe.  :)



I am getting such a kick out of my balcony garden this year even though I do not have a ton of things in it!  The two bird nests, the first time I've tried canteloupe (though not from seed, bought a small started plant from H.E.B. when I was food shopping one day), and I finally had some of the swiss chard that I've been growing since April. 

My youngest is coming home this weekend, and I thought it was next weekend so I'm glad I already had decided I am not going to work as usual. We don't have anything planned but she and her boyfriend are going to a concert, at some point not sure which day.  I don't sound too sure about anything these days do I? :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment