Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah

This is the first time in 40 years I think I heard that the first day of Hanukkah falls on Christmas eve!  Pretty cool!  I'll just say happy holidays!

The youngest and I just gone done watching White Christmas, something that has been a family tradition since my kids were born and I'm pretty sure before then even. So now it officially feels like Christmas, even if it is 77 degrees out here in Central Texas. :-)

I got done with the Angel Christmas card project last weekend.  I sent out 280 cards.  That plus the 30 or so personal cards that we send out to family and friends and that was a lot of postage!  Worked out well though.  I even have some boxes of cards left for next year.

I have baked some chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies this year (sugar cookies were yesterday with the youngest). It wasn't a lot but I didn't have a ton of time to bake this year and frankly wasn't in a mood to bake a lot.  When we're only having my youngest and her boyfriend here to visit a few days, it isn't really worth it to do a ton of baking. 

Really does feel weird for it to be so warm out but I am wearing a light weight short sleeved dress today (although it is floor length), so it is working out just fine.  I won't even need the sweater I thought I'd need to be wearing with it.

Hubby has got some garage show on now which is one reason I decided to blog.  :-)
Nothing else new to write about so...off to do the dishes. Hey I don't really like garage shows. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment