Thursday, March 23, 2017

We got windows...

Here are today's pictures.  Although we did not take any 'before' and 'after' pictures of the tree trimming and removal, they did a great job!  Too bad I had to call them at 10:30AM and ask where the heck they were as the quote had written on it 9:00AM.  They came around 11:30AM after some phoning back and forth.  The woman who answered the phone when I first called said they knocked on the door.  NO they did not. This is the exact thing they said last fall when they were late (only used them again because they are really fantastic at what they do - it is like watching Cirque Du Soleil the way they climb the trees).  Anyway it looks great! I didn't think to try to get a video of them, but hey I was working!

The roofer needs the plumber to place the pipe (through the roof) where he needs it, before they can lay the metal roof. That was told would get done today. Nope didn't happen, plumber came and went without doing that.

Then I found out that the corner sink that I wanted for the corner of the kitchenette from the very start was not going to happen as the contractor couldn't get one and it would take 2 weeks if he had to order one. Excuse ME?!?!?!?! @#&##  Why the **** didn't you get one during the 4 1/2 months this project has been going on???  I was so livid, the contractor is lucky that he didn't tell me directly, my hubby did. Of course I'm not holding up the job 2 more weeks because of the sink but seriously?!!  That and salvaging the antique window from the dining room were the only 2 unique things I was counting on?!  Hubby successfully removed the window so we are 50% there.  They'd better not break it getting it in.  It is a good thing that I get my hair colored with all this gray I'm sure this contractor is causing me!  I will never recommend him to anyone in the future nor are we going to use him again either.

See the picture directly below?  The contractor was supposed to install the right window (lightly) but put this homeguard stuff instead.  Hubby went out and secured it better with wood.  It is windy today with wind gusts up to 35 mph ! The reason for not putting this window in is so that they can haul all  the drywall through it and not through the house when it is time for that. We know how messy and dusty that can be.





WHERE THE LADDER ENDS AT THE TOP IS WHERE THE OTHER WINDOW WILL GO



No comments:

Post a Comment