Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday already?

I wish I hadn't mentioned the electricity in my last blog as I think I jinxed us. One evening hubby turned on the light that is upstairs at the top of the stairs to light the way.  After a few minutes I heard him saying something. He was asking why the lights were flickering.  I glanced over and saw all the lights were flickering a lot !  So I went over to the light switch and heard it crackling behind the switch plate.. Oye!  I turned it off and hubby was worried we'd get a fire behind the wall, but the crackling did stop as soon as I flipped the switch. Here's a picture of it.  It was okay (no sparks/fire), thankfully!


So we called an electrician the next day and scheduled someone to come out and change out the switch. That was on Wednesday so when he came out we asked about upgrading the electrical (as to the need, etc.).  He has a good reputation and has serviced the area for over 20 years. Anyway he said we already were at the limit of the capacity for the size house/usage before having the addition added on for mom's additional 400 sq ft. We definitely need it.  We are getting it done next month and I have to take the day off work as the power has to be shut off for several hours while they work.  We're going to have them check all the rest of the switches/plugs as well.

We got some things for the back today.  We are getting some more metal things too, like a cactus, and getting plants/cactus to put in the pots. This is just the pots placement. We added back in a few of the large stones that were in there before the project started.  We also are getting some Lagoon Blue landscaping gravel from home depot which I ordered. We went over there today but they didn't have anything like that on their pallets. 



Molly likes to be our guide :)


No comments:

Post a Comment