Thursday, October 25, 2018

Interesting

So I got our real estate tax bill yesterday since the bills comes directly to us now.   I was very fortunate to be able to pay off the house last year after my mom passed away.  But anyway, back to the tax bill.

Working in the mortgage field, I see a ton of real estate tax bills.  There are so many that offer a discount if the taxes are paid early.  Well, not in this state or at least county.  It will save me nothing whether I pay the bill the day I get it or pay it before the end of January.  That sort of floored me that there was no discount at all.   So guess who is paying her bill in January.  It doesn't help me with income taxes either as we don't have enough deductions to bother itemizing.  So I will tuck that bill away for about 3 months.

I have a half day tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that.  I will have plenty of time to get my Paparazzi ready for tomorrow's live show.  

I am looking forward to turning the clocks back in a few weeks.  With all the rain and it being darker longer, the walks haven't been as enjoyable with the need for a flashlight and sometimes umbrella too.  At least I am commited to walking, with my girlfriend.  She walks every day, I only walk 3 days a week, but I do exercise 3 other days of the week. Saturdays I give my body a break. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment