Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm still here...

I see this is the first blog for July..sorry about that.  Just been really, really busy between work and keeping up with the bookkeeping for the store, haven't had a lot of me time let alone time to blog.  I am only blogging right now because I'm waiting for some work...which is rare!

Now that we are winding down Wood Stock closing the end of this month, it figures that our highest sales ever so far was June when the words started getting out to our 'regulars' that we were closing who wanted to scoop up treasures they have been eyeing for a while but figured they could always come back to get.  Some of the vendors have lowered their prices some which has helped as well.  We did more sales in June than all of the other 5 months this year put together.  That's how SLOW it was! 

Hub is starting to realize how much is all ours in the store and where we are going to put everything.  My oldest is going to be coming down with her hubby to get some of the furniture including 2 pie safes that we were using for display cases that I've had since 1993 and I just would like to keep or keep in the family.  These are nice wooden ones with heart cut outs on each door and I got them in PA when we lived there at a store that sells Amish or Amish-like furniture. 

Let's see..what else. OH!  My youngest and I did see Twilight Eclipse on July 3rd.  I loved it!  Of course I'm a Twilight fan at this point, dare I say Twi-hard!  I was hoping during the previews they'd indicate when the next Final one is going to be out but no word on that.  We did find out that the final Harry Potter movie is coming out though in two parts, Part One is in November and Part Two don't remember..next summer I think. Those are ones I don't want to miss either as yes I am a Harry Potter fan as well, although those books I did not read.

It is pouring outside right now, but at least I'm not still in PA where I hear it has hit over 100 degrees the last few days. Funny!  Hotter there than here in Texas! :)    At least the lawn watering has been minimal this year and my balcony garden so far is doing much better than last year.  

That is it for now...Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment