Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ahh...

Sunday..and I finished my work yesterday. Lucky me. Actually didn't get as much as I expected to do so today I actually have some free time.  Although I did clean a little, I am planning on trying to get someone to clean for me again.  I have been working weekends for a while now and as long as there is going to be extra work, I can justify hiring a cleaner.  I hate spending all my spare time cleaning....in fact I hate cleaning period. 

I know some who actually like to clean but not me, especially dusting.  That has always been something I've hated to do because in no time the dust accumulates again.  It just seems like a lost cause. 

I did bake a peach pie today with the help of my youngest who had some time to help me before she headed out to work.  Hard to believe June is almost over already....August is going to come all too soon!  Anyway, also made 5 minute fudge which is always really good. The fudge I made for hubby because he doesn't like peach pie.  Both turned out really well.

I also have a turkey breast in the crock pot and that is making the living room smell really nice about now. I broke down and turned on the A/C late morning.  I've been turning it off when we get up and leaving it off until about 4:30pm or 5:00pm but the heat index today is suppose to get to 100 or more and I knew I would have the oven on, so I have the A/C set at 80 and it is perfect.  I do not like it cold in here and I know a lot of folks have theirs set at 70 all the time.  I'd be wearing long sleeves and probably sweaters if it were that cool in the house.

I've been doing laundry today too, but otherwise am going to lounge and not do any more cleaning. Hope to have someone doing that for me by next week.  ;-)

Hub is at our store and we only have another month until we are closed.  I think he is going to be happy he isn't tethered to the store 6 days a week all day much longer too. 

Looking forward to next Saturday as that is when my youngest and I plan to see Eclipse!  I have been looking forward to it for months. :)...

....off to do..whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment