Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer!

Today is the first day of summer although around here in Central Texas it already has seemed like summer for a while.  My balcony garden this year is doing much better than last year at least so far...now if I can just remember to keep watering it! :)   I spend more time on the back balcony now that we've made it so inviting, that I sometimes forget about my front balcony garden.

I have been working weekends again lately so I haven't had as much time to blog. But got to take the OT while it is available..that is my motto!  

I did take a little time away from work yesterday and took my dad a Father's Day card and some peaches and plums that I bought at a local stand. The peaches were Fredricksburg peaches which are suppose to be Da Bomb....around here. .. It was nice visiting my folks for a little bit. 

Mondays are somewhat hard on me when it comes to work after I've worked all weekend.  It is a little hard to get into the groove...but got through it okay.  Two of the furkids had a vet appointment this afternoon.  I am proud to say that Obi will be 11 on August 7th!  I have not had a dog live that long.  The closest was Reebok who died 6 months before he would be 10.  Obi is pretty healthy too so maybe he's got a good 3-4 years left.  He got his rabies shot today so he is good on that for the next 3 years.

I don't mean to sound like a teen, but I am really looking forward to the next Twilight movie.  I even read the 4th book which only took me a few days.  Well I better get back to watching The Bachelorette before my hubby thinks I'm not paying attention and changes the channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment