Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Can it really be June?..

June already?!  Wow, this year is going quickly.  Summer has arrived in Texas and I turned the A/C on for the first time this past week.  We still only turn it on in the early evening as I can stand an open window and small fan during the day while I work here at my desk.

Although I worked all weekend, I did take some breaks to tend to the balcony garden, do some laundry and clean up the back porch some.  I had also mopped the entire back balcony last month and was thinking about what we could do with it without spending a lot of money.  Hubby suggested moving some of the furniture we had on the back porch that we didn't really use much up there and that got me thinking about it. Now hubby is going to repaint a metal rocking chair that we have in the shed, I potted a plant my folks gave me that was sitting in a bucket on the back porch, and I am really excited about pulling it all together.  The back balcony has much more privacy than the front and the sun sets in the back too.  We are being creative using things we already have and the only thing that I have purchased is some indoor/outdoor rugs that I am waiting to get from RugsDirect.com to put underneath the furniture.  I took a few 'before' photos and will post them when I have it all set up with 'before and 'after' photos. 

Yesterday morning while I was weeding a bit of the flower area by the front porch, I spotted a beautiful spider web that was glistening with rainbow colors from the way the sun was shining through it.  I ran and got the camera and hope these show up well enough here.  The one taken further away shows the shimmery rainbow colors of the web the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment