Monday, May 24, 2010

Live today as if it is your LAST...

I heard this somewhere today, either in the news or somewhere...
..but it is a phrase that has always bothered me.

Live today as if it were my last?  How?  If I took this literally, it
would not be productive at all and if I did it each day, I'd be poor
and homeless.

If I lived today as if it were my last, first of all I would skip work!
Why work 9-10 hours or even longer as I sometimes do for the almighty
dollar if it is going to be my LAST day.  That is no way to spend
my last day alive!

I would blow off work and do something fun with my family.
First though I would get my youngest to figure out how to record
my music on a CD.  I would play my guitar and sing and record until I was
hoarse.  I would ask my hub to try to get my music streamlined somehow.
After all my greatest desire has been to be a singer.  Everything else
is just going through the motions..

Once that was done, I would probably board the dogs although
I'd give them each a huge hug and kiss before I left.

I would insist on going up to where my other daughter is to include
her and her new hubby as well.  We'd eat out at a wonderful restaurant
and order the most expensive wine and fanciest entree' for once, instead
of always thinking about how much we are spending. I'd make sure to
save room for the highest calorie dessert my stomach could handle.

The conversation would range anywhere from light and carefree,
to serious and full of any words of wisdom that would come to mind.
I would remind my family how very important they are
and how much I love them.

I would want to be home in time to pick up the dogs, go home, pick
up my favorite Tika and put her on my lap, sit next to my husband
and watch one last sunset.

These are the first thoughts that come to mind if I were living my last day...

I suppose what that is saying really means is try to live each day to
the fullest and live by the Golden Rule.  I do that every day to the
best of my ability.  And when I can I sing and watch the sunsets
and do at least a snippet of what I would do if it really were the
last day..

No comments:

Post a Comment