Saturday, May 8, 2010

All hands on deck....

It is spring cleaning time and I decided to tackle the back balcony as well as the front this year.  Last weekend I 'swabbed the deck' of the front balcony and today I did the back one.  Those who know my house know that back one is a big one!  It looks so much nicer now.  I hadn't mopped the back since we moved here and that is nearly 5 years ago already.  I also scrubbed the balcony walls in front and cleaned up the furniture out there today.  Now it is all ready for sitting and having a margarita on.....just need to remember to DO that sometime.

Last Sunday I also went out to Home Depot to cheat on the vegetable garden that I have on the front balcony. This year I didnt' start anything with seeds and wasn't sure I was even going to bother, what with last years poor 'crop', due to months of 100 degree weather.  But I kept seeing commercials having to do with the outdoors and flowers and gardens..and so I got the bug and got some different pepper plants. Green bell, red bell and even banana peppers. There is even a small pepper on one of the plants already!

I also did get some cucumber and zucchini seeds that are already coming up now! :)   I got some penta flowers for the balcony too!  Here are some pics I took last weekend. One has two of my furkids too, Tika and Kaci. Tika is my shadow!


No comments:

Post a Comment