Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ahhhh....

Thursday I took the day off work so that I could drive out to help our youngest pack up her dorm and come home for the summer. With about an hour to go I accidently took a business route instead of staying on the main highway but after a call to her and her internet skills, she told me the road to turn left to get back on track. I was only about 10 minutes longer than I otherwise would have been.  I found a great country music radio station out of Houston too so I got some good singing time in.  I kept hearing song after song that I hadn't heard in a while and turned up the volume more and  more...and by the time I got to the college I had it cranked up like a teenager.

My daughter was was waiting for me with her room pretty well clean and packed up. I was very happy about that because all we had to do was lug her stuff and pack it into our cars.  Her boyfriend helped us with the heavy things too, thankfully!  If he wasn't there waiting for his family to come, I probably would have asked a man I saw who had a furniture dolly if I could borrow it.  We treated my daughter's boyfriend to lunch to thank him for his help.

We were on the road a little after 1:00pm and I followed my daughter home since she would not need to glance at the directions like I would have.  It continues to amaze me the amount of folks that want to pass someone already going the speed limit of 70 mph on a two lane road, but we had many jerk drivers who did.  One almost clipped my daughter's car trying to get around her before oncoming traffic caught up.

Anyway...we got home safe and sound and now we are back to 3 plates, 3 forks, 3 cups, more laundry and the like...but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am glad she is home for the summer.
Hope it goes S L O W !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment