Thursday, May 20, 2010

~ Eclipse ~

I suppose I'm the last person on the planet..okay maybe just the last female on the planet who is remotely interested in the Twilight series to read Eclipse for the firs time.  I hadn't read any of the books before, but with the next movie coming out June 30th, I promised my youngest I would read the book before we went to see it.  She said "you GOT to read the book, mom".

Anyone who knows me, knows that I just do not read books.  I think it was due in part to my childhood.  My mom loves to read and I remember as a child often seeing her sitting in a chair with her face in a book more than I saw her doing anything else.  And as I kid I kept thinking there were so many things to DO, why waste time reading a book?!   So that is partly why I just don't ever take the time to sit down and read one.

Of course I am always busy too. If it isn't work, it is household chores, or furkids to tend to and then there are my favorite TV shows like Lost and 24 that are soon to end forever.

But back to the book. My youngest promised me it is an easy read and she read it surprisingly fast . That is another reason I don't like to read. I am not a fast reader and when things get really descriptive, if they do not keep my interest, I tend to skim over drawn out paragraphs. 

I started reading it on Monday and like so many others, I am just racing through it.  I only have about a third of the book to go and then I'll be done!  It is that good!  But I also know why it is going fast. It is mostly dialogue and when there are conversations, there are many one and two line paragraphs so the pages get read faster.  The print is not tiny either as I've seen in many books.  And I have to admit I am stealing minutes here and there just to read a few more pages.  Now this proves it has GOT to be good for ME to be doing that.

Of course I picture the actors from the movie as I'm reading, playing out everything that I read which I enjoy.  Beats trying to make up what these folks ...and monsters would look like.

Okay..got to get to work now. ..read later.    ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment