Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chillin...

Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday too..and I'm just chillin and watching Lifetime movies...they are playing Christmas themed ones...'tis the season.

Based on the news lately some people are placing far too much emphasis on being in the front of the line on Black Friday at 3:00am for the store sales...that is nuts !  Pepper spraying people to get to the front?...I think all the stores should just open regular time on Black Friday and not a minute earlier.  There really is no need to open in the middle of the night or earlier!  I suppose this practice will never end as retailers count on the early birds shopping 'til they drop. 

It is hard not to get caught up in all the hoopla over Black Friday, but I don't let myself, it just can set me up for spending more money than I'd like to or can afford to.  The hardest urge for me to resist is the cyber sales since I am on the computer a lot, but I delete most of the emails before I open them to avoid temptation.

Thanksgiving was nice although I missed my oldest as she is back east, but my other daughter came home for the night. She had to work Black Friday so she left Thanksgiving early evening.  We had Turkey and all the trimmings and as tradition would have it, I ate too much! :) 

We did make one of our traditional apple crumb pies and it turned out perfect!  I still have one sliver that I'm going to finish tonight. YUM..





 

No comments:

Post a Comment