Saturday, November 19, 2011

Figures..

It figures...that now the latest medical news is that sitting for prolonged periods of time can significantly increase risk of colon cancer...  top that with more bad news...women who have more than 3 drink in a week having an increased risk of breast cancer....might as well sit here in my Lay-z-Boy and have a tall drink, or two or three...

It is not that I drink every day or even every other day but what happened to one glass of Merlot a day was good for you.  I guess it still may help the heart but give your breast cancer? Ever notice how these sort of stats are changing all the time?  And do they actually have evidence that these things do cause more cancer? Have they discovered more people with colon cancer because they sat several hours a day?  

If this is the case I might as well not bother with the colonoscopy..no I haven't had one yet and past 'due' if one is suppose to have one at age 50....not sure what doctor made up that rule either..once you turn 50, time to get a colonoscopy.  Since I sit upwards of 15 or more hours a day working, I feel like I must already have colon cancer or am doomed to get it. 

Ever since I heard that news I have been trying to get up and walk around a little bit every few hours, but sometimes i just forget.  It is so hard to do or NOT do everything to avoid getting cancer.  I think I'll keep eating healthy, exercising and doing the best I can to avoid cancer...until the next new breaking medical news comes out...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment