Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Again...

Well it is New Year's again...a time when everyone feels like they have a clean slate, a new year to do so much...to earn more money...have more free time...hey even win the lottery.

It is a time full of hopes and dreams...and possibilities.   Just to help out a bit more I even had black eyed peas with dinner tonight...hubby didn't eat them as he doesn't like them, so guess I'll just be the only lucky one!

Since we had a long weekend, we rented some movies.  One of the ones we saw was 'The Help' as I heard it was really good, and one that required a box of tissues. I cried for this lady and that lady and this family...it was a very touching movie.  Having been born in the late 50's, I was unaware of how things were in the south  in the 60s.  I thought the days of having maids such as those portrayed in the movie happened long before I was born.  

Funny how things were different at least by the 70's where I lived.  Although there were only a handful of African American students at my school, we had am African American female class president one year and we were friends.  I'm not saying that to sound surprising, it is just that I have always thought of blacks as equals where I grew up and was somewhat shocked by the movie. I guess where one has grown up has something to do with it.  Anyway good movie!

Back to work tomorrow...at least it will be a short work week.  I'm sure I'll be thinking it is Monday all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment