Sunday, January 29, 2012

What does one do?....

....no more work I have to do this weekend.... got the house to myself..... got my morning exercise in...took my shower..did as much house cleaning as I want to do.....so what do I do with 'free time' ...what else but watch the Twilight movies...blog...and relax.   I am watching New Moon at this point...Think I'll be able to get all 3 in before hub gets home.

Hoping my oldest is having a wonderful birthday...she is 24 today...where did the years go?...they keep slipping by..faster and faster as I get older it seems... I still have a hard time writing 2012 on things.

I am going to try to save this year, and take the advice I've read about putting some away for savings first, actually I am to treat it like a bill and put the same amount into a savings account each month. This way, I'll at least be saving something.  If all works out well, will be able to pay downs some debts and save money too.

We have a new member to the family now.  Even though we said we'd not get another dog, with Shelby having to be put to sleep nearly 2 years ago, and Obi having bone cancer in October, there was just an emptiness around here. Probably the fact that my oldest moved back east and my youngest has not been able to come home very often this school year hasn't helped either.....but yes we got another dog.  Meet Lady Bug.  We adopted her from Austin Sheltie Rescue (the rescue group I am involved in).   We found out she was previously named Molly and we already have a Molly, although the rescue group renamed her Dolly, we didn't care for that name (and she's only been called that a few weeks). I wanted to name her Lady after the first sheltie I ever owned, and my hubby started calling her a bugger because she was bugging everyone to play as soon as she got here.  So her name is Lady Bug.  She is very sweet and loving and a ball full of energy.  She'd play 24/7 if she had things her way.  The house is getting dirty faster, but we don't care.  We love having our new addition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment