Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nice weekend!

Yesterday morning we took Merlin, Molly and Tika over to the local dog park.  We made the mistake of going over to the large dog area. We no sooner got in there and Steve and already unleashed Merlin.  I was going to wait and see how it was in there first.  A dog near the entrance ran over to us and started sniffing each of the dogs.  Molly barked a little bit but not aggressively. But the dog got to Merlin and Merlin snarled at it.  (It looked to me to be a Pitt bull mix so I was getting nervous!!) 
Well that did it. It snarled back and did not back off.  The two were biting at each other but only for a few moments.  The lady who had the other dog immediately put his lead on and went out to the one gated area and said she was putting her dog on a short time out.  She was only fostering the dog and I don't know how long she has been fostering, but in my opinion, she should have just left the park.

I quickly told Steve we should just go to the small dog area (there were only 2 dogs in there).  The small dog area is only for dogs up to 30 lbs and Merlin is just over that so I decided if anyone would say anything to us, that I'd tell them a larger dog was attacking him in the other area. But no one minded. We headed over there straight away and the rest of the park time went well. They got along okay with the few dogs that were in there.


Then yesterday evening we went to the Animal Shelter's Art for Animals event. It was a nice event to attend but I was a little disappointed that there was no live auction.  Steve did donate a piece of his wood burned art and it sold for $80.


Today was gorgeous!  I think it went up to 75 degrees.  So we took all 5 dogs to the dog park today. We had some fun along the way with Ditzy.

Here's the clip:  http://youtu.be/W7KKL7BYtiw


We headed straight to the smaller dog area as there were already quite a few large dogs in the other area and there wasn't one dog in the small dog area when we got there.  So we had the run of that area to ourselves for quite some time.  Ditzy did play ball.  Eventually some other dogs came in to the area. At one point there was 10 other dogs in there with our gang but everyone got along okay.  A few of the dogs came up to the fence (from the larger dog area) and I tried to get them to let me pet them a little through the fence when our dogs were nearby as I'm really trying to get our dogs used to bigger dogs too.
This afternoon I got a hankerin' to do some baking.  Made 5 minute fudge for hubby, then made some key lime mini pies, then made some mini apple pies. YUM!!  Everything turned out nice and I froze some of the mini pies for when the youngest visits. :-)


I've been catching a lot of the Olympics as well.  This was such a fantastic weekend...sad to see it almost over.  < Sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment