Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl

Today is Super Bowl Sunday!!  I really don't care for sports (with the exception of the Olympics) or for even who wins today for that matter. But I will be watching the game.  While I will watch the game as I do enjoy watching the two best (or final anyway) teams playing this final game of the season, I will admit I am mainly watching it for the commercials. I have to confess though that I have already checked out the Budweiser commercial with the puppy dog as I have heard so much about how great it is. Very cute!  I'm even looking forward to seeing that again. :-)


Those who know me and have read my blog a while know that I generally eat healthy foods. In fact for breakfast while writing this blog I am eating plain Greek yogurt to which I added some cinnamon, honey and flax seed, topped with frozen fruit (partly thawed).


But the other day I mentioned to hubby that I'd like to enjoy the typical Super Bowl 'bad' food for the game today (to take place of dinner as well).  So we got some cheese and rotel to prepare in a crock pot and a bag of tortilla chips for dipping.  Also we got some lil' smokies cocktail wieners that I am putting in another crock pot (and making a recipe which includes brown sugar, ketchup and barbecue sauce) to cook up in time for the game.


I also made some Jalapeno Dip that is chilling in the fridge since last night for hubby to also have with chips.


So I'm looking forward having a beer or maybe two with this yummy food about as much as I am the game/commercials!! Today is the one day to toss aside the words 'healthy eating' and just ENJOY guilt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment