Saturday, February 11, 2017

Antique chifferobe


So we've had this piece of furniture in our garage for oh maybe 4 years-ish....Hubby picked it up somewhere during his antique picking.  I fell in love with it instantly.  It has so much character and is different from any other antique I had seen. I was going to chalk paint it and add some 'distress' accents to it but just never got around to it. Then we were going to sell it.  And after being low-balled I said "let's just keep it!".  So we did.

One of the reasons I hadn't painted it was that we had no clue where we were going to place it in our house but since the youngest moved out more than a few years ago now, we decided to turn her old bedroom into a music room.  And we thought it would be a great idea to put this in there.  It can hold my guitar books, various things, or even the long part (which is for hanging clothes), may get used for some clothes. ;-)

Hubby got some of the concrete workers to take it up there for a small fee, as I do not want him to lift anything heavy ever again.  Even if he has help!   LOL

So here are some before pictures. Hubby sanded a little bit and wiped it down for me.  It had quite a few areas of chipping/peeling paint.




Here is after the first coat..

And after the second and final coat. Tomorrow I will use a little sand paper on it and then add the wax coating.  Looking pretty nice! Will post a few pictures of the final chifferobe tomorrow. Oh there is a mirror that goes up where that 'harp' is (above the drawers) in case anyone was wondering.




No comments:

Post a Comment