Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday before MLK day

So here it is almost halfway through January.  I am working tomorrow too as we got that option (to get a floating holiday). 

The weather here has been up and down. We have gotten some pretty cold days/nights (nights down to 28 degrees which is pretty low for this part of Texas). Then we've had some day time highs that reached 70 degrees.  The next weather event is for this Tuesday we may get some freezing rain/sleet or even snow.  It figures as I have my follow up appointment with the Endodontist for a check up on my root canal and if it looks good, get the permanent filling put in. So I hope the roads won't be bad.  I may ask my hubby to take me. Luckily it is less than 3 miles away.  Around here they do not treat roads for ice though so we'll see how it is. 

Friday morning it got quite busy around here.  There was a fire truck and then an ambulance outside that were attending to our neighbors across the street.  Although we don't really get together, I was hoping they were okay.  The wife came out with her arm in a sling but that is all we really saw.  She contacted me later that morning. Turns out her husband had a knee replacement operation on Wednesday and she had just picked him up Thursday from the hospital. Friday morning he lost his balance in the bathroom where she was near by and he fell backwards and hit her going down. She broke her wrist and he busted his stitches open from his operation.  I offered to help any way I could.  

She got home from the hospital early afternoon. I went over right after we had dinner and brought her mail in for her.  Her husband had his leg worked on again and stayed in the hospital until today.  I made my crock pot meatloaf and potatoes for them to have for dinner tonight. I also took her to the hospital yesterday so that she could take some clothes, etc., to him.  I am more than happy to help and we really got to chat some too and catch up with our lives.  It was actually nice as we feel like we have no friends here and rarely talk to anyone.   But by reaching out in neighborly friendship, we got to reconnect with them some.  I told her we should get together sometime soon after she and her hubby have recovered.  Steve offered to drive them anywhere they need as well.  

I'm enjoying the reading I'm doing with the oldest. We have just started the 5th book in a series.  It is a very interesting story too so it has been lots of fun.  The Olympics are coming up next month too which is something I look forward to watching.  So even though we are in the dead of Winter, these things will help make it still fun....until Spring is here and it will be warmer and the daylight longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment