Sunday, May 20, 2018

Short Catch up

Yesterday was the first '3rd Saturday of the month' lunch with the new empty nesters group I started. It was really nice but it is interesting to me how there were Sooooo many women interested in it at the start and for each lunch there hasn't been more than 8 people show up. Granted I made the 2 Saturday groups at 12 maximum to keep the group manageable, but I should have guessed that many would lose interest or drop out.  I know there is a chance of other things coming up. At least some gals are showing up and I'm making friends so that's a good thing.

I also actually worked a few hours yesterday as well as today.  I'm sure it doesn't mean it will be an ongoing thing but it was nice just the same.

Today was clean the bathrooms day.  Though not a fun job, I'm glad when it is done.

This morning we got rain although I didn't think we were supposed to get much. There was even a small tornado that touched down about 8 miles away.  It rained sometimes hard too, until early afternoon. It really cooled the house down nicely.  We haven't turned on the air conditioning yet but there have been some humid, pretty hot days. So far the ceiling fans have been enough for us but it was nice today having it cool down to,the upper 60's.  It will be nice sleeping weather tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment