Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dental Appointment

Monday I had a dental appointment. It was just for a cleaning and a quick look over by my dentist. Well turns out she dislocated her shoulder or something last month and she's been out.  So it will be a year and a half until I actually see her again, if she is there in February.   I'm sure if I needed to I could see one of her associates but I'm glad I didn't see her this time.  I was anticipating her pushing for my front tooth crown replacement.  I'm not anxious to get anything done to my mouth right now that might rock the boat. I admit I'm the one who initially brought it up but that was before I did anything about it. By having those Invisalign braces, my teeth are straight now and it isn't really much longer than the natural tooth next to it. 

The hygienist that cleans my teeth is nice enough but she always asks me if I drink tea or coffee (because my lower teeth in the back get a little stained apparently). My answer as always is yes, but I always put cream or milk in it. She said it can still stain but I don't believe it can stain that much.  I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and tea is one or two cups of green tea at night and again with a little bit of cream.   It actually gets me a little mad. I feel like saying, "Hey just do your job and clean my teeth". I already brush my teeth at least 4 times a day as well as floss every day too.   I am keeping up with my appointments and dutifully endure getting my teeth scraped and as far as I know have had no cavities in years.    There was a space of about 3 1/2 years there when I was not happy with any dentist and just didn't bother...but I have been going to my mom's dentist and I like her okay. 

So I am just going to enjoy life.  I am going to drink coffee and tea as I always do and not run to brush my teeth afterwards either.   So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment