Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break...

After what seems like forever, my youngest is home from college for Spring Break. It is so nice having her home again and for a week anyway I can pretend she still lives here all the time.

It is no surprise that with college life and busy classes she doesn't get a chance to connect with home quite as often as of course I'd like. How often would I like to hear from her?...Oh I'd settle for a nightly check in...sort of like the Waltons..when you hear the last " Good Night...John Boy" ..you know all is well for another night.

But being a lot more realistic I look forward to the times we do have together and I am thrilled we have the Internet and Instant Message that I did not have in the days I was in college when the only way I could communicate with my folks was by a phone call or the even slower U.S. Mail.

Although work has picked up, I am not at the point of a sigh of relief yet and money is still extremely tight. But my youngest is here now and the other's wedding is next week so I am grateful for 'plastic', which gets me through these lean times when life happens and things cost money, and those things don't stop just because one is broke.

So..even though I am < gasp > charging it, we are going to see Remember Me today with Robert Pattinson. I don't know how it will affect me as one who has become a fan of the Twilight Series, I will have a hard time thinking that he is being a traitor to Bella with this blond girl in this movie, but I'll try to keep those thoughts out of my head. ;-)

I am not going to deny that I have 6-30-10 marked on my calendar for the next Twilight movie though. :)

Not going to clean much today even though I should. I'm going to get breakfast and brush the dogs since that is something that I haven't done in a long time. There is ALWAYS cleaning to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment