Tuesday, February 22, 2011

....Musings....

It would be nice if this warm weather was here to stay....let us pray...

My mom is home from the Rehab Hospital...it would be nice if she continues to get better...let us pray..

It would be nice if my work picked up...so that I wouldn't have to worry about the almighty dollar all the time...dare I pray?....

I wish I hadn't forgotten one of my dog's vet appointment this morning...left a message to reschedule..let us pray. I don't forget the next time.

I hope the burn I got on my arm this evening from the hot pan, heals up quickly and without a lot of blistering...let us pray...

I hope I win that home in Stove, Vt that I entered twice daily to win on HGTV since January 1st...dare I pray?....

Funny thing about prayer, when I was little I said my prayers every night, and before dinner time and at church. 

I still pray but not quite as often as I did as a kid. I also heard somewhere along the way that we are not suppose to pray for things like winning the lottery, or landing that job...but why not?  We need to appear humble in the eyes of God?  I don't know that I believe we shouldn't pray for things like that, as long as when good things happen we Thank God for his hand in it, as often is probably the case, whether we will openly admit it or not.

So I am going to continue to pray about whatever comes to mind, no matter what it is...whether it is for world peace or a piece of the pie....and not worry about whether it is taboo or not. I'll just make sure I also thank him for all he does and not just when things are good.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment