Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Eve...

Been a long time since I blogged.  I was going to blog last Saturday but got distracted as my mother hurt her back, how is still a mystery, and needed to go to the E.R.  She is 84 and I'm afraid her body is giving out on her.  She had 2 fractured vertebrae and had an operation to repair them (operation involves filling up discs with a cement type of filler). She had the same operation nearly a year ago but it was just on one vertebrae. The procedure is called Kyphoplasty.

She is slow to recover as she is still in some pain and has a hard time moving around...bottom line...getting old sucks!   I look at her and just pray that I can stay strong and healthy for a long time to come...but if not, that I go quickly. When I look at her, I see someone who really does not get a lot out of life these days and hasn't for the last couple years.  Either due to being stressed, fatigued, not feeling well...the desire to do much just isnt' there.  At least I have been going to lunch with her every Friday for the most part although now that will probably be on hold for a while again like it was last year, although I visit her and make her lunch instead of go out to eat, at least that is what I did last year and probably will again soon. 

She is currently in a Rehab Hospital until possibly the end of the week, so hopefully she'll be in better shape by the end of the week, who knows though. 

My youngest did come home for the weekend to visit and as always it was nice having her.  Hoping the oldest can get home for a weekend sometime soon too.  She hasn't been here since Christmas!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day so Happy Valentines Day to all those with someone special in their lives.  My hub and I do not have plans as money is tight, as is typical these days...so we'll just say Happy Valentine's Day to each other, just like at Christmas we just said Merry Christmas.  Gifts are overrated, especially when trying to stay above water. :- )   It is gift enough for me to have my health and my happiness and I'm doing well in both those areas of my life...so no complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment