Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seeing a pattern...

I've noticed the last several posts were on Saturdays. That is when I have the most time to relax and think about blogging I guess. I will try to write more often though, although sometimes there just is not a lot to blog about. I know boring...!!  

The other day hubby came home from running up to Walgreen's and brought me a present!  Actually two! Two boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.  YUM.. Although I try not to eat much in the way of sweets at least these only come out one time a year.  I LOVE these cookies and probably blogged about them before. 

Since I'm on the topic of food, I am planning out my menu/grocery list this weekend and am trying to get back to the shopping for 2 weeks worth as I love having that 2nd shopping day off!  I got off this kick and was back into shopping once a week before the holidays and want to get back to 2 weeks at a time. Maybe you like to grocery shop, but I hate it! With prices of everything going up, I am experimenting with smart meal planning!  Since shopping for 14 days, I am planning to buy a bulk package of chicken breasts and a bulk (5 lb) package of ground beef for various meals. This should cut down on the grocery bill.  I am planning 4 chicken meals and 4 ground beef meals to cover 8 of those 14 days.  We are going to have, Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Quesadillas, Chicken in pasta sauce (one of those pasta envelope sides), and crock pot Barbecue Chicken.  The ground beef will make hamburger helper, meatball sandwiches, hamburgers, and my crock pot meatloaf. 

We will of course have Pizza on Friday nights as we normally do, one frozen pizza, and the other Friday we'll splurge and order a pizza. So I have 10 of the 14 days already planned.  I have a couple steaks in the freezer that I got at the farmers market in the fall so we will have them one night and then I'll come up with a few other things, probably should have some fish/seafood the other days too.  I'm actually excited to see how hopefully this will be a lower grocery bill than normal.  We'll see!

Okay all this talk about food is making me hungry and it isn't even 5:00PM yet.  Going to get just a few more cookies to tie me over..  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment