Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another Saturday night...


First off want to share a few pictures of some deer my hubby and I caught on camera right from our living room window! :)  These were two different days. It is so neat having nature so close to us.  They love to taunt our dogs who go nuts when they are out front.

Last night my hubby and I and another couple went to a Biker Bar named Hardtails Cafe to go hear a group that was playing. The bass player is the father of my daughter's boyfriend.  I was expecting a small, dark, shady looking sort of place, but it turned out to be big and pretty nice inside and it was packed!  We barely got a parking spot.  When the dinner crowd thinned out we got a table and also met up with another friend of my husband's.  It was really a great time!  I loved hearing the live music and it was a lot of fun laughing, chatting, snacking and singing. The drink prices were very reasonable too.  It was just so nice to have a good time out.  We just rarely go anywhere and now that there is a place close to home that has live entertainment, we plan to go back there (hopefully soon).

I couldn't use the excuse that I had to work this weekend to get out of cleaning SOMETHING in this house.  So I scrubbed the tile floor on the first floor which is most of the floor.  It is a lot of work, but it is squeaky clean again and not sticky!  With 5 dogs it doesn't stay clean very long. Did a couple loads of laundry too. Got the toilets all scrubbed as well, so that is good enough for today. 

I made a peach dessert in the crock pot today to have for dessert. I got the recipe from a great Slow Cooker cook book that my oldest and her hub gave me for Christmas.  Since I am the only one who likes peaches, I saved some for a snack tomorrow and froze the rest to have again.

Tomorrow we may watch a few movies we haven't seen yet.  I should probably work on straightening up my office too but that will depend on my mood.  That is a chore I got to be in the mood for!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment