Saturday, April 16, 2011

Long day...

Got up early today (before 7 is early for me on a Saturday)...to go do my volunteer work at the Local Animal Shelter's annual garage sale.  It was a long day, didn't get home until after 2:00 and there was a lot of work taking down tables, etc., but it was fun.  I got to meet some other very nice people (other volunteers) and was glad to help out for a good cause.  Too bad there was still a lot of stuff left at the end and there was no where to put it, so it all was trashed.  I salvaged some things I just could not see throwing out, well we all did as best we could :-).   But...anyway, it was a good day, with a fair amount of people considering the other things going on like the Red Poppy Festival which is this weekend too.

Some of the treasures I took home were some Corelle dinner plates (7) and dessert plates (7) which were in perfect shape. I really only have a few Corelle dishes and like to use them over the heavy dinner plates and was really happy to find these.  They have a cute pattern on them too (little hearts).  I also got a nice long wood planter that I cleaned up and am using on the balcony for planting more vegetables. I got some large artificial flowers (orange/red) that I used to replace the flowers in the pots on either side of the front door as they were quite faded.  I got a nice patchwork pillow for decoration in front of the fireplace, another smaller pillow with the saying Dogs are just kids with fur. That pillow is going on the glider up on the balcony.  I also got a cute small corner 3 shelved thing to hang on the wall that is pink and I thought my oldest would like that. Also got a paper shredder that works great, a few CDs for artists I don't know but they were brand new with plastic still on, so I thought I'd give them a listen. I also got 4 place mats that were the rag type. I want to see how it looks if I hand sew them next to each other, to see if it makes an okay rag rug for the balcony.  I got a few other things I can't recall right now.  But overall I was really pleased...and I didn't think I'd bring anything home.

After dinner I took one of the dogs for a walk, not real long as I was already pretty tired from working at the garage sale.  Time to just chill out and relax....not sure I'll be awake for too much Saturday Night Live  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment