Sunday, April 24, 2011

~ Happy Easter ~

While many are going to church today, celebrating the rise of Christ, or having Easter Egg hunts, or gathering with family, I wanted to take some time to blog about life, or rather death and how suddenly it can change everything.

My husband got a call from his best friend back east on Thursday.  It was a shocking call.  This man's wife who was only 46, never drank, smoke, well you know the rest...was found dead at work. She was working a graveyard shift at the nursing home and was found still clutching the curtain in the room she was in, and had already been gone for hours.  They think it may have been a brain aneurysm.  She left behind her loving husband who is one of those old fashioned typical males that likes to hunt deer, fix things that need fixing, and provide for his family. She also left behind two children, a 10 year old daughter and a 15 year old boy.  It is going to be hard on all of them for I can't fathom how long.

When I hear about this sort of thing, especially when it is someone I know...it really jolts me.  We all walk around hearing "Live each day as if it is your last".  I think about those words and how hard they are to live by.  I think a better mantra should go something like.. Even though you need to go to work every day, take care of your house, and do everything else you have on your daily plate, don't get your plate to a point of overflowing. What your day does entail, do it with purpose,  happiness and confidence and tell your loved ones you love them every day. And if your spirit is not like this on a daily basis, but rather full of deadlines, stress, headaches, sleeplessness or sleepiness...then you need to slow down..so you can feel good about yourself at the end of the day.  It is easy to think there is plenty of time to relax, be with family and enjoy your life, but one never knows.  It is all about balance.

We never know when it is our "time".  I do believe in heaven and I also believe in the possibility of returning back for another life on Earth.  I only hear/read positive things about the afterlife from those who claim to have been on the other side and have come back. For me, it should be only a great thing (assuming I end up in the better place).  It is so much harder for those left behind.

Sorry to be so morbid on a day that is suppose to be happy and full of celebration, but this has been on my mind that this is what blogs are for right?

To end on a lighter note, my youngest is home for the holiday and it has been great as usual having her here. Next time she comes home it will be for the summer again. Yippee!  Happy Easter to my oldest who couldn't make it here.  To everyone, tell those close to you that you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment