Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day!

"It's May, it's May the lusty month of May"....in case you don't know it that is from Camelot.. Anyway changed the calender today.

This is a good month!  It is the month my youngest comes home from college for the summer.  It is the month that I can put away my winter clothes..well I think so at least.  The temmperatures today plummeted from the 80's to the 50's !  It is 6:19PM but it is only 55 degrees out in central Texas.  Weird!  Luckily other than sporadic wildfires, we have escaped any of the horrific weather that has hit so many of the states.  But we are in a drought situation so that is not good. 

My hub came back from being back East on Thursday.  He looked really beat!  It took him a few days to feel a little better.  One good thing about him going back East besides being there for his friend is that he has decided to QUIT SMOKING!  Woo hoo!  I don't know if it was that he realized it is not doing his body any good and the fact that he just came back from a funeral for a 46 year old woman or what, but whatever the reason I am thrilled.  I have only ever known him to be a smoker.   He has only had 3 cigarettes per day the last 2 days (this will make day #3).  I am so proud of him and am his biggest cheerleader!  He has also decided to try to eat healthier and walk with me once in a while. He did walk with me last evening too.  Not only will it be so much better for his lungs and health it will save us at least $1500/yr by him not buying those cancer sticks! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment