Friday, October 26, 2012

This morning

Training is going okay. Last night a bunch of us decided to find this Texas barbecue restaurant which was tasty but filling. I knew before I even ordered take out dessert (peach cobbler) that I was going to be exercising today in the fitness room.

So this morning, bright and early I got my wake up call at 6:30am and got dressed and headed down to the 'fitness room' . I went down and set the treadmill to 40 minutes this time (to work out until 7:30am) and set it to fat burning mode.  I guessed on the speed, etc. as I do not know how to use treadmills. I was about 20 minutes into my walk and then a lady came in.

I looked over to say good morning to her but she did not look at me and proceeded to the scale. At first I was impressed thinking she wanted to see how much she weighed before working out.  Instead, after she weighed herself, she picked up her drink and promptly left the room!  Hello!  Lady!  You could have used several minutes, if not hours on the treadmill!!  Oh well, guess I was exercising alone.

I was just over 30 minutes into my walk, enjoying the Today show on the television set over on the wall which I had turned on when I arrived in the empty exercise room.  A man walked in and clearly based on his demeanor and clothing, was there to work out!  He started to do some weightlifting on the bench. At that point I had less than 5 minutes left on the treadmill. All of a sudden he walked over to the TV control and changed the channel!  It was as if I wasn't even there.  Clearly he was self absorbed because any POLITE person would have asked if I minded that he change the channel. 

I was ready to ask him if he was married (didn't see a ring) and then when he said no, ready to say something like "it shows because you didn't even ask if I minded if you changed channels, jerk!".  Instead I just let it go and watched as my heart rate went from 115 to 141 on the heart rate monitor on the treadmill.  I just shut it off then, lifted a few 10 lb weights (for arm exercise) and then left.  I was then mad at myself for not having said something to him.  If it happens to me again, I WILL say something!


No comments:

Post a Comment