Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy Storm

I was watching the news last night and this morning on the edge of my seat as I have friends and family back east (PA, NY, NJ) that I have been concerned about.

Heard from my brother in New York that they are fine, just downed trees so luckily none hit the house. Electricity went out and don't think that is back up yet but millions are without power I hear. Here is one of the photos he sent. Huge trees downed!




I heard from my daughter in PA. She is fine and has power and luckily a tree missed hitting her car by I don't know, inches?  From the photos it looks like some of the smaller twigs and leaves did reach the back of her car but apparently it is fine.



One (Internet) friend had severe flooding - house, car, I am not sure if anything is salvageable or not but she lived along the jersey shore that get the worst of the storm's damage from what I've heard.  Hopefully she'll be able to recoup, rebuild or start over, at least her family is alive and well. 

Hope that all who have suffered loss and damage from this storm will recover soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment