Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm Back

My two weeks of training is over and I must say I agree that Home is where the Heart is! 

I missed my hubby and all my fur kids, although my coughing and sneezing started up again today, so my allergies are confirmed to mainly be due to the DOGS.  Doesn't matter, I am used to it by now, just was surprised and didn't really notice that I wasn't having allergy issues while I was gone, until I came back and it started in again. :-)

I thought for sure I had gained at least 3 pounds or more with all the dining out I did over the last two weeks, but happily when I weighed myself this morning I was within a pound of where I usually am and was thrilled. Of course I did keep up with the exercise while I was gone so that helped. I did enjoy eating at lots of fine restaurants, some of which I have not eaten at in a while. I ate at T.G.I.F., Olive Garden, Logan's Steakhouse, Cotton Patch, Macaroni Grille, Steak n Shake (not a 'fine' restaurant but had never eaten at one), and Saltgrass Steakhouse. YUM ! 

So far today I have done some of my 2 weeks worth of laundry, paid some bills and blogged about the 5 Minute Fudge I made back in October. Also cleaned some which I didn't mind at all since I haven't had to do any cleaning for the last 2 weeks, although I was so tempted to try to change the three pictures that were hung above the couch in my hotel room. I swear they were hung up sideways, but I let it go.  They were probably anchored to the wall anyway and I wouldn't have been able to budge them. I just did my best to never look over at that area of the room. :)

I stayed at the Towne Place suites in Lewisville. While my suite was wonderful, there was a card detailing the energy friendly/savings things that the hotel strives for. It mentioned if I hang up my towels then they will not take them away to wash (as opposed to wadding up on the floor or wherever). So I made a point of hanging my towel up after my first night there.  I also left the one mug, spoon and glass in the sink (small kitchen equipped suite), as I was going to hand wash them later on.

When I got back from my first full day of training, I heard the dishwasher nearing the end of its cycle. Housekeeping had run the dishwasher for a cup, glass, spoon and the coffee pot. What a waste!  And my towels were replaced (hand towel and bath towel that I had neatly hung on the racks).  What?!  I guess their own staff doesn't practice what they preach.

The next day I left a note at the kitchen sink to please not run the dishwasher for a few dishes, but I forgot to leave one about the towels. They did leave the dishes, but once again, changed the towels. After that I just put the AWAY card on the door handle so that they didn't come in at all for a few days so that at least I could conserve water.  I guess this may seem petty, but I do care about conserving energy, water, etc., and if I do my part at home, why not away as well?

Well off to get some more things done. It it s so great to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment