Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Can hardly believe it is Thanksgiving Day! Where did this year go?!

I got the turkey roasting in the roaster, crock pot mashed potatoes heating, and green bean casserole in the small crock pot. Just have the corn casserole that goes in the actual oven to make yet. Apple pie was made last night and I couldn't help myself and had a piece!

IT is true..the older we get the faster time flies by!

Today I am thankful for my children, one of whom made it home for the holiday, the other I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for our home and feel for those who have suffered so much loss from Super Storm Sandy.

I am thankful for my job and my health.

I am thankful for my husband and our 5 fur kids, for without them it would be much harder adjusting to the fact that I will possibly be a full fledged 'Empty Nester' come late spring when the youngest graduates from college!

Many days here in central Texas it still gets nice and warm outside. Today's high is around 80 degrees!

Speaking of fur kids, I spotted two of our 'sunning' themselves on the back driveway and had to snap this picture :)


Well off to smell the turkey and relax until about an hour before dinner to finish the preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment