Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just one thing!

Why is it that sometimes just mentioning one thing can change the chain of events?

Hubby came into my office yesterday and said "Why don't you get rid of that old fax machine?. The belt is shot and you don't have any ink for it anyway and haven't used it in so long?"

So this morning I decided to take his advice and went into the office to remove it. As soon as I did, there was a shadow on the shelf, a familiar one.  The kind that show you how long it has been since you dusted. This shadow was screaming months if not years. :)   I decided to clean off that spot, then that shelf, then the floor underneath that area, then the dog bed below that shelf. Suddenly I am on a mission to clean up my whole office!  I didn't plan this!

Here is a pic I just took.  Can you guess which shelf I did? And see all those pink yogurt lids sticking out of that box on the second shelf that I saved to send in for the cancer cause?  Most of them are from last year!  So I have my day or at least rest of the morning cut out for me.

 I initially came out to the office to upload a few pictures I had taken a week ago. So I'll post those before I get back to cleaning the office. Below are some of my wonderful home grown peppers that I harvested. I got quite a few this year They always seem to really multiply after September, maybe because it is slightly cooler at night by then? The red ones are really sweet!


 And below is what I did with them. Yup. I made stuffed peppers in the crock pot.

 Gave some to my folks to have for dinner also. They were awesome and I loved that fact that I was eating peppers that I had personally grown! No chemicals or preservatives. Go me! I also froze some so when my youngest is visiting from college we can have them for lunch one day.


The photo below I give the credit to my hubby who saw this buck from our front window.  Handsome fellow isn't he?  Deer are always roaming the neighborhood grazing. Everyone leaves them alone so they tend to stay and grow their families.  There are a few herds (guess that is the proper term) that have 10 or more deer that tend to stick together. This guy was on his own.
Well back to cleaning my office..

No comments:

Post a Comment