Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lazy Day

It has been years since I've had the day after Thanksgiving off!

I kept being confused yesterday thinking it was Saturday, when it was just Friday. So today seems like a freebie! Our youngest is back at college as she had to work yesterday. Just glad she didn't have to work on Thursday as so many retailers have moved up Black Friday to sometime Thursday. It seems ridiculous to me as this makes so many people have to work on Thanksgiving which either cuts short, or ruins their plans for family time around the dinner table.

I find myself in unknown territory...that of extra time on my hands!  I am not used to it and it is a bit disorienting, sad I know. I'm not complaining, it is just odd to me. I know I could clean house, there is always that thankless job to do.  I am doing laundry at least so that I can feel like I am accomplishing something today.

I did not go shopping yesterday as I am not one of those Black Friday shoppers. I have no interest in waiting in long lines, and besides I only have to shop for my 2 kids since we have cut out the extended family buying I think it is 3 or 4 years ago now. I do usually get my folks something small. Hubby and I don't exchange gifts any more. If there is something that we really want, we tend to just get it. We live what I would consider fairly simply and do not need a lot of gizmos or gadgets.  I have clothes that I've had for 20 years or nearly that long.  In fact that brings me to something I will do after I post this blog, clean out my closet!

The last few days 90% of the emails I have been getting are about Black Friday or Cyber Monday SALES!

I broke down and did do a little cyber shopping last night and purchased from one of my favorite women's clothing stores outlet that had an additional 25% off the outlet price. I spent more than I wanted to, but honestly I really don't buy clothes very often and while I was showing my hubby what I was buying we both agreed that it was time to go through my side of the closet and throw out whatever was old or that I knew I just wouldn't wear anymore. That is over half my clothes! I suppose I could consider Goodwill, but I don't know that even they would want any of it. I remember once watching some television show about clothes/wardrobe and 'they' said you should get rid of anything in your closet that you haven't worn in a year.  Wow!  That would leave me with maybe 10 hangers of clothes I think. :-)

Since I work at home, that is the main reason I have not bought much in the way of new clothes. I don't have to dress up for work, so it doesn't matter how frumpy I look.  I am looking forward to some new tops and a new pair of jeans though as there is nothing wrong with me liking some new threads for ME.

At some point today will also walk the fur kids, to get them some exercise and myself as well. Feeling a little sluggish and lazy after all that turkey and pie!  Off to tackle that closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment