Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's October, isn't it?

I know some parts of the US are experience very cold temperatures and even snow in a few areas. But I live in Central Texas and it is 48 degrees!  What's up with that ya'll? 

Nothing should be a surprise anymore with the way the weather patterns have been in the last few years, but it still does blind side me when things like this happen. It is perhaps felt even more so because just two days ago we got upwards of 90 degrees, so this 48 degrees is really bone chilling.

That being said, I started a crock pot of Minestrone Soup with wheat noodles last night before turning in so that I can share a bowl of the hearty soup with my youngest before she heads back to college later on. She came home yesterday for a short visit and as always it is great having her here. She hasn't been home in over a month!

And this morning I made Apple Cinnamon Pancakes for breakfast. They hit the spot.

Well I turned a corner in my career and gave my notice on Friday. I was flattered that they really want me to stay and even made a change to make the job more manageable, but I have already made up my mind and accepted a new job offer. I am a person of integrity and keep my word and I am looking forward to my new work venture.

Not much else planned for today, maybe a movie or two. Definitely do not feel up to walking the dogs in this chilly weather. But my daughter and I took the two rowdiest dogs for a mile and a half walk yesterday afternoon, so that will have to do for now. Unless it really warms up before day's end ;-)










No comments:

Post a Comment