Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Training Days

Thanks to my oldest, I got some great tips for the drive to training and got here just fine and avoided any flyovers (overpasses that go higher up than any I've experienced back east)
 :)  Of course leaving around 11:00am so that I avoid any potential traffic jams was a great idea as well.  Thankfully Monday was considered a travel day, so I could have gotten lost and ended up in another state and STILL have been here in time for Tuesday morning's meeting.

Training is for two weeks and the company I work for sprung for some very nice accommodations! I am in a suite where there is a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and even a two burner stove!  Nice, although I am not planning on cooking!  Only got through the second day of training so still have a while to go, but it is going as well as expected and the weather has been perfect. 

And I also have to thank my youngest as I am borrowing her DVD player so that I can still do my exercise CD's while away. Sitting around in training for two weeks with no exercise would lead to a flabby, lazy me!  So I am not about to let that happen.  I used the treadmill and some weights this morning too in the exercise room they have here. Not used to using a treadmill but I did walk for 30 minutes and went .85 of a mile according to the readings on the treadmill so that was okay by me.

I am with a group of 6 others and have enjoyed chatting and getting to know my fellow co-workers. Everyone is very nice and friendly. 

I was teasing my hubby about bringing our littlest furkid with me to training as this place does allow pets, but she'd be alone all day long and I wouldn't do that to her but I do see some other people with dogs (mostly outside walking them) and it does make me miss all of them. I have noticed though, that the last two mornings I woke up and did NOT have to pull any dog hair out of my mouth and I was able to turn over at night without having to be careful not to kick any dog off the bed by accident.

Note to self, microwave popcorn and coffee are not the best tasting combination.

I am off to watch some TV before turning in and looking forward to a great day tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment