Sunday, September 30, 2012

It was Bound to Happen

First off, we celebrated hubby's birthday by going to one of his favorite lesser expensive places to eat, The Cotton Patch which I of course had a coupon for a free appetizer. We had his favorite, cheesy (bacon), fries.  I call it the artery clogging appetizer, but he loved it.

Back to the topic of this post.  My hubby has become quite the 'picker' and he can spot really nice antiques and collectibles and so we are getting more treasures, some of which he finds vendors for, but others we have been keeping.  If someone were to ask me even a year ago if I liked antiques I would turn up my nose and say forget it! 

But there have been some really nice pieces hubby has gotten and I found myself actually loving some of them!  We are now replacing some of our furniture that we have had for years with nice antiques and what has been really neat is that our dining room looks twice the size!  Having smaller pieces really makes a difference.  Here is a picture of the before table/chairs and huge bakers hutch (we have in the garage now), and the after pictures of an early 1900's antique table and chairs and a beautiful dark oak china cabinet that sits snugly against the far wall. We also have two vintage hand carved turquoise/leather accent chairs on either side of the cabinet that really add a eye catching touch!

 BEFORE

 AFTER

 Close up of table, with the beautiful beaded bouquet my daughter hand made (the table also has two panels that lift out to make it twice as long for when family comes to visit and we need more room than just for two people, and has no screws or hardware anywhere).

 Close up of artisan work

Close up of china cabinet which I love that is shorter than the old hutch as now the leaded glass window is totally unblocked.
  I'll show a picture of that as well so you know what I am talking about. The picture is dull but had to do it this way to make out the window better.

No comments:

Post a Comment