Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rainy Day

I should have walked the dogs yesterday, but just wanted to take my solo walk last night. It isn't that I do not want to walk the dogs, but I walk close to a mile and a half and the one or two dogs I would take because they can handle it, I am afraid may get into a confrontation with another dog.

Often down the street there is one or two dogs LOOSE that I would not want to chance any confrontation, as my dogs are very aggressive, even though they are just shelties. Instead of backing down if another dog was around, these two would likely bark their heads off and pull the leash which I'm afraid would only antagonize another dog. There are people that just don't care if their dog is loose because they won't run 'away' and have managed to not get hit by any vehicles. It would be different if they stayed on their yard ONLY, but they will come out to the street, even wander the street.

I recently had a chat with a nice lady who has a small older dog that got attacked by a large dog down the street and although she successfully got the other dog to lay off her dog before any biting, I know all too well about dog attacks after our Shelby was attacked back in PA. And anyone who thinks they could break up a dog fight should think twice, because when two dogs are rolling around and biting fast, it is not something you'd want to through your arm into. Since then I've read that picking up the attacking dogs hind legs up in the air (together) will make them stop biting and supposedly they cannot reach back and bite you either since their back legs are up. But I hope I never have to try to stop a dog fight.

So I thought I would just walk them today after my morning exercise routine but it is raining, and the forecast is for rain all day.  But we need it so I can't complain. I plan to make some pumpkin bread muffins today as my mom loves them and when I go to visit and give my dad the things I got, I want to at least take something for my mom. I may also make the Strawberry/Lemonade Pie and add a bit of frozen fruit I have in the freezer (bananas, strawberries, peaches), but I'm not sure yet. I sure love my Southernbellegourmet (gourmet cupboard) food. Even if I only ever buy it for my own use, it is well worth it to me!

So baking and watching movies are in store for today!  Off to get a bite for breakfast and get my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment