Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lazy Day

This photo of our Merlin says it all, doesn't it?


This is the third or fourth weekend in a row that I actually have not worked and it is great, although weird.  I was so used to working all the time that I sort of feel guilty for not working, but there isn't a lot of extra work right now anyway, so that is one reason why I haven't bothered, that and the first couple weekends, just took a break from working so much.

This morning hubby and I went to the Caring Place store to see what sort of treasures we could find. I got 3 very soft and unstained handkerchiefs for my dad and a neat little jelly/dip spreader that had a handle made with tiny playing cards (hard to explain) but I think he'll like it. He can take it to the bridge games he directs as he puts out snacks usually too so if there is some chips and dip he can put it out.  I actually was looking for some nice handkerchiefs for my mom as she likes the old fashion soft cotton type, but I didn't see any nice ones for women. I got a cute little tea container made out of wood, shaped like a little cottage that has Tea Time Cottage written on one side for my green tea bags. I also got two baskets, one which I put in the spare bathroom for my youngest's toiletries that were just scattered on the counter.  The other basket I don't really have placed yet but it is hand painted with little flowers on it and the top has a thin wooden painted trim strip that LOOKS....like a ribbon tied around it.  Here, I'll post a picture of it. See?  It looks like a ribbon. Everything I got was only $6!




I made some of my SouthernBelleGourmet oatmeal cookies (without the raisins) after we got home. Yum!!

Now we are watching A League of Their Own, a classic in my opinion.  I am planning on walking the dogs later on, if the rain holds off. We actually got a decent amount of rain yesterday and there is a chance of rain through tomorrow I think.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment