Friday, September 28, 2012

It is so typical!

In the middle of the night at 2:30 AM we woke to the sound of a loud beep. At first I thought it was a smoke detector but that has a higher pitched beep.  We could not figure out what it was and finally hub thought it was one of the dogs moving around in her kennel, but I was not convinced. We let it go until we heard it again. Why do these things have to happen in the middle of the night?

It turns out it was the smoke detector in the hallway that is wired in (no batteries) which is why it sounded different too. We didn't even notice it was there but it is no surprise it needed replacing since it has likely been there for 32 years.

After that it took a while to get back to sleep and wasn't until sometime after 3:00 AM. Ugh! 

Tonight we are suppose to have rain, but I am hoping won't be loud thunderstorms in the middle of the night. I would like to sleep straight through.

No big plans for the weekend. All I know is that I am not working once again! Woo hoo!  It is hubby's birthday tomorrow so we will most likely eat at one of his favorite placed for a birthday meal. 

Going to watch Grimm!

No comments:

Post a Comment