Saturday, September 22, 2012

In my garage...

So I am in the office that is in my garage, keeping all the furkids company who are also in the garage with me as someone is coming to take the black day bed from the spare bedroom (sorry Danielle, but I doubt you'll miss it).  We got an idea to turn it into a cute antique spare bedroom and hubby knew someone who wanted to buy it for their daughter, so we sold it.

I am thinking an antique brass twin bed will fit perpendicular against the wall so that we can find a small bed stand to put next to it.  We're going to move the desk out of there too as it already has that built in wall desk area and I think hubby finally has realized I am not moving my office upstairs to that room.  I love my cozy space here too much!

We are going to do things slowly though as I have bigger more urgent goals, like getting our bathroom remodeled. This house is 30 years old and the bathrooms are all original.  The tub is so stained, I cannot get it to be anything better than a dull filmy look and it never did match the tile. The toilet is also in the same cubby as the tub, crammed next to it which I have never been thrilled with. We did replace the toilet a year or so ago, so we can keep that, just maybe place it somewhere else. Or we may just leave it where it is and move the tub/shower. Actually thinking of just putting a shower in there and no tub as I do not take tub baths and the other bathroom has a tub. I wonder if that would devalue the home though. Not sure.

There is a door for privacy to that area but open it up and then there is the long double sink area (carpeted too, which is odd to me), and walk by that right to the rest of the bedroom that is in front of that wall.  I'd prefer a door there at the entrance way to the bathroom, and tile or some other floor, and we want to use part of the walk in closet for a shower.  I'm sure it won't be cheap but it really needs it so that is the main goal right now.

Hubby had drawn up a few floor plans for a bathroom remodel and I found them the other day when looking for some other documents. We were happy that we still have them.

I can tell fall is here as it is actually cool in the morning and then gets warm later in the day. It calls for layers that I can take off, but that is fine. I love having fresh air into the room at night.

Tomorrow is our 13th wedding anniversary. That is the longest I have been married, but it really doesn't seem that long.  No big plans for the day other than to spend time together.  I am not working this weekend either.

No comments:

Post a Comment