Saturday, February 16, 2013

Been a bit

I haven't posted for a while but that is because I was in Dallas in training from Tuesday to yesterday. I am so glad to be home again!!!  I hate traveling for work.  Sometimes it is just necessary, but doesn't mean I like it.  I was lucky in that I just had to drive 3 hours to get there. Others had to fly in from other states. 

Besides the drive, the hotel stay was a big challenge. Between the heater in the room that sounded like I was inside a commercial dryer, the airport being practically right next to the hotel, so I could hear all the flights that started sometime around 5:30AM, and the toilet that flushed with such force, if my butt had been on it, I think it would have sucked my butt down into it, it was not a 'relaxing' stay. :-)
And just like the last time I went for training, I ended up one night sick to my stomach tossing my 'cookies', well rather I think it was greasy onion rings but I'm not sure.  That happened in the wee hours yesterday morning (Friday), so it was a long drive coming home yesterday afternoon and I could not be happier when I pulled into the driveway.

This weekend is turning out to be great though! My stomach (and headache that followed) are gone after a good night's rest at home and my youngest is home visiting which is always nice!  We all went out to dinner for a nice treat and are relaxing chatting and watching Pit Bulls and Parolees.  There is not much else on TV on Saturday nights and besides I like that program).  Ahhh there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment