Thursday, February 28, 2013

Goodbye February

There are less than a handful of hours left to February. So that means coming up tomorrow... March!

March is the month when Spring officially arrives, days get longer, and warmer and more things blossom, grow and green up!  I can't wait for it to get like that!  I am looking forward to planting seeds again on my balcony garden to see what will sprout and grow and even give me good things to eat.  The winds kicked upwards of 50-60 mph a few nights ago and we heard some loud bangs coming from the roof? Who knows. It looked fine the next morning. All the plants that were on the back balcony were on their side by the next morning. Not only that a glider chair and rug it was on got picked up or pushed by the wind to the far side of the balcony!  Wow!  Even though the plants had fallen over, they appear to be hardy enough that they will be coming back!  Some dark green new leaves have been pushing up and that is great!

March is also when my dad turns 87!  He still is going strong, playing and directing bridge and working on the lathe turn his lamps.  I hope I have the stamina that he does when I am his age! Go Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment