Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of 2015 blog #2

Tonight for dinner I made for the first time Pad Thai.  I had bought all but the Tofu at a Thai store/eatery that is near where my youngest lives, last time I went to visit her.  The Tofu was just bought at H.E.B. but I've had it before and I like it okay so that is what I was going to make as my protein in the dish.   Here are some pictures.

Here's the ingredients. Tofu was on paper towels, I added some green pepper and onion too.

First time ever making rice sticks. You don't cook them, just soak in hot water for 5-10 minutes or whatever. They turned out a bit chewy so I probably should have soaked them a little longer

Took my time frying the tofu correctly. Turned out great!

Pad Thai sauce added to noodles in a little bit of oil

Finished dish Pad Thai with fried Tofu

It made so much food that I froze 3 decent sized portions as well as saved a 4th portion to have for lunch tomorrow.  Hopefully it will taste just fine being frozen.

I am happy to have tried this and it turned out pretty well except I probably could have used two jars of Pad Thai sauce as there were a lot of rice sticks (noodles) and so the sauce had to cover a lot of it.  I'm so glad that I have 3 more servings (dinners/lunches) to have whenever I'd like.  Yum!!

I made shrimp scampi for my mom for dinner because I know she likes it. She would not have eaten the Pad Thai.  There are only certain things she will eat at this point. And at 105 lbs, I want to make sure she eats what she will gladly eat. :)

Off to watch some American Pickers.  It is actually one that I have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment